Liver is the second largest organ in our body and the largest internal organ.The liver performs many jobs in your body. It processes what you eat and drink into energy and nutrients your body can use. The liver also removes harmful substances from your blood after detoxification. It is also important in digestion of many nutrients.It is also the only organ which can regenerate and grow even after injury or surgical removal.
Care of the Liver is important as it can be affected by many diseases, mainly due to the modern lifestyle and habits. At Cytecare Hospital, we run a comprehensive Liver Clinic to diagnose and treat all the Liver related diseases Services:
- Medical Evaluation & Treatment Of Liver Disease
- Alcoholic Liver Disease.
- Fatty Liver Disease.
- Hepatitis A, B, C.
- Liver Cirrhosis.
- Treatment Of Metabolic Liver Disease & Pediatric Liver Disease.
- Complex Liver Surgery (Hepatectomy) including minimally invasive surgery.
- Complex Liver Surgery(Hepatectomy) Including Minimally Invasive Surgery.
- Advanced Therapeutic Endoscopy And ERCP.
- Intensive Care Management.
- Acute Liver Failure.
- Chronic Liver Failure.
- Advanced therapeutic endoscopy and ERCP.
Pancreas is an important organ serving both exocrine functions (Digestion of proteins, carbohydrates and fats) and endocrine functions (Maintain balance of blood sugars by producing Insulin and Glucagon). Pancreas Clinic treats the diseases affecting this important organ like pancreatic tumors, Acute and chronic pancreatitis. Pancreatic surgeons, Pancreologists, interventional endoscopists, diagnostic and interventional radiologists, Pain medicine physicians, Medical and radiation oncologists, pathologists have a multi-disciplinary approach to pancreatic diseases for providing the best outcomes for the patient.
Common Disorders Seen In The Pancreas Clinic
- Acute Pancreatitis.
- Chronic Pancreatitis.
- Intraductal Papillary Mucinous Neoplasm (IPMN).
- Pancreatic Cancer.
- Cystic Disorders And Tumors Of Pancreas.
- Neuro-endocrine Tumors.
- Laparoscopic cysto-gastrostomy (Pancreatic pseudocyst)
- Whipple’s Pancreaticoduodenectomy (Pancreatic Head Resection).
- Distal Pancreatectomy (Pancreatic Body/Tail Resection) - Laparoscopic And Open.
- Median Pancreatectomy And Eneucleation Of Pancreas.
- Frey’s Procedure.
- Lateral Pancreaticojejunostomy (LPJ).
- ERCP and PTBD Interventional pain management and nerve blocks for pancreatitis.
Gallbladder And Biliary Tract Diseases Occur Frequently In India. These Structures Have Function Of Transporting Bile From Liver To Intestines. At Cytecare Hospital These Diseases Are Discussed And Treated By A Team Of Gallbladder Surgeons, Gastroenterologists, Diagnostic And Intervention Radiologists, Medical And Radiation Oncologists And Pathologists.
- Gallbladder Stones And Cholecystitis.
- Bile Duct Stones (Choledocholithiasis).
- Gallbladder Cancer.
- Cholangiocarcinoma (Bile Duct Cancer).
- Choledochal Cyst.
- Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy.
- Choledochal Cyst Excision.
- Radical/Extended Cholecystectomy (Gallbladder Cancer Resection).
Upper Gastro-intestinal Cancers Are Of Increasing Incidence In Southern India. The Increased Consumption Of Sweets, Salty Snacks, Processed Meat, Alcohol, Smoking And Obesity Are All Important Risk Factors That Have Increased The Incidence In Younger Individuals. H-pylori Bacterial Infection Is Also Common And Is Thought To Be An Important Risk Factor.
- Esophageal Cancers.
- Stomach Cancer (Adenocarcinoma).
- Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumors (GIST).
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD).
- Achalasia Cardia.
- Esophageal Varices.
- Sleeve Gastrectomy.
- Gastric Bypass.
- Endoscopic Dilatation And Stenting.
- Bariatric Procedures.
- Endoscopic Polypectomy & Variceal Banding.
- Gastrectomy (Stomach Resection) - Laparoscopic And Open.
Colon And Rectal Cancers Are Increasing In Incidence Due To The Low Fibre Diet And Increased Junk Food Consumption. At Cytecare Hospitals, We Have A Comprehensive Cancer Screening Program For People At Risk. For People Who Are Affected By The Disease, The Team Of Colorectal Surgeons, Gastroenterologists, Medical Oncologists, Radiation Oncologists, Diagnostic And Intervention Radiologists, Pathologists And Pain And Palliative Care Physicians Ensure That You Are In The Best Possible Treatment Protocol Which Are Individualized. Colorectal Cancers Can Be Treated For Cure Even If They Have Spread To Liver.
We Also Run A Stoma Care Clinic To Provide Education And Psychological Support To People With Both Temporary And Permanent Stoma. The Team Includes Surgeons, Specialist Stoma Care Nurses And Psycho-oncologists.
- Colon Cancer.
- Rectal Cancer.
- Anal Cancer.
- Appendicular Tumors.
- Diverticular Disease Of Colon.
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease (Crohn’s Disease, Ulcerative Colitis).
- Mesenteric Ischemia (Loss Of Blood Supply To Intestine).
- Ileostomy And Colostomy (Stoma Creation And Closure).
- Right & Left Hemicolectomy - laparoscopic And Open.
- Low Anterior Resection (Resection Of Rectum And Colon) - Laparoscopic And Open.
- Sigmoid Colectomy - Laparoscopic And Open.
- Colonoscopy And Stenting.
- Diverticular disease of colon.
- Inflammatory bowel disease(Crohn’s disease, Ulcerative colitis).
- Mesenteric ischemia (loss of blood supply to intestine).
Center For Excellence For Treatment Of Cholangiocarcinoma
Cholangiocarcinoma Is The Cancer Of The Bile Duct. It Is One Of The Most Complex Diseases To Treat. The Specialists At Cytecare Cancer Hospital Have The Largest Experience In Treating This Complex Condition. A Multi-disciplinary Approach Is Taken For Its Treatment. Procedures Like Ptbd, Ercp, Portal Vein Embolization And Complex Extended Hepatectomies (Liver Resection) Are Offered To These Patient Along With Chemotherapy And/Or Radiation.
Center For Hipec And Peritoneal Malignancies
Peritoneal Surface Malignancies Are Rare But Serious Cancers That Develop On The lining Of The Abdomen, Called The Peritoneum. They Often Develop When Tumors from The Appendix, Rectum, Colon, Stomach, Ovaries Or Other Organs Spread to Peritoneal Surfaces. They Can Also Primarily Arise From Peritoneum.
Cytecare Team is One Of The Most Experienced In Treatments for These Advanced Abdominal Cancers, Including Cytoreductive Surgery (Crs) Followed By Heated Intraperitoneal Chemoperfusion (Hipec) Also These Tumors Will Need To Be Treated By Chemotherapy, Immunotherapy And Some By Intra Peritoneal Chemotherapy.